Support for Constituents Abroad
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
I have many constituents who are currently stranded abroad, and I have been lobbying the FCO hard to ensure they are able to return home safely and as soon as possible. The Government’s latest plan to repatriate British nationals is welcome, but it hasn’t come quickly enough, and the information is not reaching everyone. I will continue to raise my concerns with the FCO until all my constituents are back in Vauxhall.
If you are a constituent:
- Please check if you are a constituent by entering your UK postcode: https://www.writetothem.com
- Email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send these to the FCO in London: I need your full name, UK address, date of birth, passport number, current location, contact phone number, and details of any medical conditions.
- Register with your nearest embassy or consulate – and get confirmation that they have received your details and contact information.
- Keep monitoring your local FCO Twitter feed for the most up to date information on the ground – @UKinPeru | @UKinIndia | @UkinNZ | @UKinPakistan
If you are a constituent (friend or family member) but the person stranded doesn’t live in Bolton South East:
I do understand your concern, but due to the large volume of emails I’ve received from concerned friends and relatives, I am no longer able to respond to each one directly or refer to the appropriate MP.
I encourage you to please do the following:
- Please check who their MP is by entering their UK postcode: https://www.writetothem.com/
- Ask them to contact their MP directly with all the appropriate details. Or if they are unable to, you can do this on their behalf.
- Advise them to register with their nearest embassy or consulate.
- Advise them to monitor their local FCO Twitter feed – @UKinPeru | @UKinIndia | @UkinNZ | @UKinPakistan