Crescent Food Bank is operating a food bank for the benefit of the people of Bolton and surrounding areas. Call or visit their website for support (details below). They also have halal/vegetarian options available for those with dietary requirements.
– The Mill, Prospect St, Bolton, BL1 3QH
– Operating hours Sundays 10am-12pm (Deliveries available)
– 0333 772 6299 (Available 24 hours)
A service user can utilise our services in the following three ways:
- A service user can be referred to us by one of our welfare partners.
- Any individual who you deem to qualify for food support can be referred to us by completing the following form https://airtable.com/shra4I1J58Ley52Jlhttps://airtable.com/shra4I1J58Ley52Jl.
- This is the recommended method; however, a paper version can also be supplied upon request.
- Once either form has been completed, please contact us 0333 772 6299 to arrange a collection of their food parcel.
- Our welfare partners include numerous housing associations, local organisations, and the Council.
- We do not have a strict criteria as to who is deemed eligible for food support.
- Please note, we are unable to provide food support to those individuals who are merely self isolating/shielding due Covid-19 and are not in any financial strain.
- A user can self-refer themselves through our website. Crescent will ask the user to contact us following completion of the form to go through a standard questionnaire to understand their circumstances and provide a food parcel based upon this.
- Crescent will provide a one-off parcel to a new service user who visits our premises without following the above two processes. The service user will be put through a vetting process and if sufficient evidence about their financial state is identified they will be eligible for a food parcel. Crescent will ask the user to follow the above two methods if they require any future support.
Each food parcel provided will last a minimum of two weeks. The contents may vary depending on our stock levels and the family size however, the core items will remain the same.
Operation and collection hours will be every Sunday between the hours of 10:00 and 12:00. They will also look to provide deliveries if the service user is not in a position to collect during or outside of our normal operating hours. As they are located in Bolton, they will not be able to deliver outside of Bolton unless it is an emergency. Crescent also partner with food banks in neighbouring towns/cities to ensure each person, regardless of location, receives support
Crescent are working with partners such as Bolton at Home, LWP, Money Skills, qualified counsellors and other local organisations who are better placed to assist those in difficulty. They will seek to offer drop-in sessions in the near future where people can come and discuss any issues they are facing with the relevant qualified experts.
Crescent will be adhering to the relevant guidelines at their premises through social distancing and the use of masks and hand sanitising stations. The handling of food items will be carried out under strict measures in line with government guidance.